FARM CREW MEMBER
We’re looking for people who love to farm and work with a cohesive team! Ideally, we’re looking for people who are interested in staying more than one year and are looking to grow with us. As a fellow Farmer here at Pinewood Springs Farm, you will be involved in almost all aspects of the farm which can include seeding, planting, cultivating, irrigation, pest and disease control, mowing, greenhouse work, animal care, and harvesting. Most days are full of many varied tasks. Members of our crew can expect to gain a strong understanding of all aspects of running a sustainable vegetable farm. It is expected that all employees be prompt, dressed appropriately and professional in their attitude at work.
JOB TYPE: Full-Time
The ideal candidate:
- has at least two seasons of experience working on a farm or in similar work;
- Candidates with the intention to stay for more than one season are preferred
- is self-motivated to work quickly and efficiently, either alone or in a group, whether the task at hand is time sensitive or monotonous;
- is positive, enthusiastic, and has the ability to see the big picture while paying close attention to detail;
- is able to work all day on their feet lifting heavy things whether it’s raining, sweltering or beautiful out;
- eager to take on responsibilities on the farm;
- is interested in continuing for more than one season at this farm and adding new responsibilities as time goes on;
- is able to lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
- Genuine interest in agricultural production
- Strong physical and mental work ethic, sense of pace and self-awareness, and desire to participate in daily field work as a productive member of the farm crew
- Desire to learn and improve one’s skill set and knowledge base
- Strong organizational and time management skills, anchored in successful completion of specific tasks
- Ability and willingness to collaborate and work well with others, including coworkers and the public
- COVID-19: All employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Please bring inoculation card to initial interview. Individuals who are not fully vaccinated are not eligible for employment at Pinewood Springs Farm.
THE WORK SCHEDULE
This is a year-round position and the length of the workday varies within the season. Employees work an average of 40-50 hrs over a 5 day work week with 1/2 hour lunch break daily. The expectation is that the work day or work week will last until the job is finished.
Monday – Friday (roughly 7:00 AM – 4:00 PM during peak season, 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM in cool season)
Farmers Markets are Saturdays 7:00 AM to 1:00 PM ET (subject to change)
- Hourly – Starting at $15 / hr
- Overtime (hours in excess of 40 hours per week) will be compensated as paid time off and can be accrued throughout the season
- $40 weekly produce from the farm
- Five days vacation after 6 months
To apply for any position, please follow these instructions:
Do not come to the Farm or Farmers Markets.
Send us an email with the subject “Employment 2022”, indicate which position you are applying for, (Manager, Crew, Market etc.) and answer the following:
1) Your current contact information (i.e. phone number and current address).
2) Are you of legal working age (18+ years, and you must be strong enough for physical farm work)
3) Your farming and/or physical labor experience with at least two references and their respective phone number, email address, and the dates you worked for them.
4) Your availability (dates and time) to visit the farm for an interview. Weekdays only.
5) The date you’d like to start working and the intended length of your stay.
6) Do you have a valid & current driver’s license?
7) Are you legal to work in the United States?
8) Are you able to work weekends (as needed) and do you have any prior commitments that would prevent you from working any days during the season?
9) Explanation of why you would be great fit at Pinewood Springs Farm.
10) If you know someone that currently works at Pinewood Springs Farm, please let us know who they are and your relationship to them.
Send email to email@example.com
Pinewood Springs Farm does not discriminate against any employee or prospective employee, in hiring, wages, benefits, or any other capacity, on the basis of race, creed, color, national or ethnic origin, nationality, gender, gender identity, age, handicap or disability (including HIV status), union or political activity, immigration status, citizenship status, marital status, or sexual orientation.
Pinewood Springs Farm acknowledges the Muscogee Creek Nation, who farmed on and honored this Southeastern land before their forced removal and the dispossession of their ancestral land. To learn more and support the Muscogee Nation, visit Muscogeenation.com.